Monday, May 29, 2006

i don't even remember what i wore today.

so i'm officially living on james island now with linds. finally! fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally. this makes me (and lindsey) extremely happy. so much so that i did a little celebration dance in my new room.


this weekend included the most random assortment of things possible:

classical music at spoleto. saying goodbye. arts and crafts time with with famous artists/ friends/the guy who cuts my hair/and five year olds... all in the same place. hanging out with awesome new friends and talking about jesus. and lupus. and cancer. working on a graphics job. several trips to walmart. church. finishing moving out of my parent's house and "becoming an adult". fishing (or trying to). and a family dinner. :)

God is showing me all of these amazing things and i don't know how to fit them all in and give them the quality of thought or emotion that they deserve.

i can't help but think about what rob bell says about this: " so many of us push ourselves so hard. As long as I'm going and going and going, I don't have to stop and face my own pain. Stopping is just so difficult....I'm learning that very few people actually live from their heart. Very few live connected with their soul. And those few who do the difficult work, who stare their junk in the face, who get counsel, who let Jesus into all the rooms in their soul that no one ever goes in, they make a difference."

we need to stop sometimes.

to take the time to live from the heart and not hurry around and be missing the whole point.

maybe it all boils down to desperately feeling like i need more time. more time to think. more time to see people. more time to finish...everything. i don't know what i'm rushing to...or for. maybe i don't like feeling unsettled. maybe i don't like feeling like i'm wasting my life so i pack as much in as possible.

whatever it is, my body is not letting me do everything i feel like i want/need to do. i'm tired.

i'm sorry if i haven't called or emailed you back. i promise i am thinking of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo excited you have moved in...I really enjoyed our hangout/movie night listening to the rain...AND the block party...you are amazing missy! love you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.