Sunday, October 01, 2006

working on finding some work

so its been a looooooooooooong time.

sorry.

the only excuse i have to offer is that i have been distracted by the extremely time consuming process of finding a job.

really, it takes an awful lot of work to find a good place to work. so far, i probably have written, oh...about...537,246 cover letters/resumes. i even applied for random jobs i found on the internet that i am extremely NOT qualified for...just to see if they emailed me back.

i think i feel pressured to find something that, well...fits. not only because this will be my first "real" job...but also because i don't think i could handle wasting my life away doing something that i don't agree with or feel passionate about. also i am tired of being asked what i do for a living and having to respond, "well thats a good question.." i think its funny that so much of what we consider our identity is wrapped up in what kind of job we have. but strangely, i feel....sort of lost....without this part of me being fulfilled. its not a lack of purpose...more of a lack of routine maybe?

i guess i am slowly narrowing down my options....for instance, during these past few weeks of interviewing/applying i have realized that God did not make me to work in a large corporate environment. yuck. just going into some of these offices drained a few years off my life i think...these interviews consisted of me outwardly smiling and nodding while the person tried to convince me that i could be very happy in a grey forest of cubicles, while inside my head i'm thinking "RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

we'll see what this weeks interviews bring.....say a prayer for me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never apologize for not doing something you are not passionate about. but also remember that passion can take the form of doing a job to your best ability, or bringing a completely new perspective to a situation. passion will fuel your visions and long term dreams, and will be the oil that lets you slide thru the rough spots in life.
Your Balcony Person.