Thursday, August 10, 2006

Getting sized up

so quick little note about the (strange) highlight of my week:

in my doctor's visit a few days ago, they put me in the exam room RIGHT next to the scale AND left my door open.

I was very close to the scale....as in, the scale is against the wall beside the open doorway to my room. So, this...arrangement...thus enabled me to hear every comment of the people who walked past my door and got weighed in.

most of which were hilarious.

some of my favorite comments:



"well crap. that's awful high. hang on let me take off my hat." ---old man with a baseball cap.

"are you sure you are doing that right? do it again." [noise of nurse slowly sliding the scale again.] "well, i know what i weigh and it is NOT that. so you must be doing it wrong. here, let me do it. "[lots and lots of noise of the woman messing with the scale] "oh nevermind...is it really that important?" ---50ish year old lady

"oh my. do you think i'm shrinking?" ---really tiny old lady

"honey, i am way too old to be worrying about that anymore. i'm just happy i can still walk." ---really, really, really old man

No comments: