Saturday, February 21, 2009

anniversary

it blows my mind that it has been two years this weekend.

two years of freedom for me.

and of course God in his perfect timing brought about several stories this weekend of people who weren't so lucky. people who didn't make it. sad, horrible stories of families struggling to see God in the midst of their pain.

every time i heard one of these stories i felt like a bus hit me. my breath was taken away... to be reminded once more of God's kindness and grace and gentleness toward me. i know God is sovereign, but i still wonder sometimes why his hand of mercy was upon me.

me, instead of someone else.

maybe its God's way of reminding me of salvation. that although i (we) deserve to die, he lovingly chooses to save us.

"Comfort, comfort my people, says your God
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed,
that her sin has been paid for..."
-Isaiah 40:1-2
"In my anguish I cried to the Lord,
and he answered by setting me free."
Psalm 118:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God IS Love.

God DOES have a plan.

God's TIME is His time.