Tuesday, March 13, 2007

i'm telling you, this girl is a genius.

I am afraid of beginning
‘cause I don’t know how to end

But you told me:
that the mountain before us
would become a plain in our eyes

So I won’t despise,
I won’t despise the day
I won’t despise the day of small things.

Even when you tell me…
oh, even then I’m shaking
‘Cause I am afraid of believing


The plans that we make seem so big
But you’ve shown me
that we’re never alone
and your spirit will stay by our side

So I won’t despise
I won’t despise the day
I won’t despise the day of small things.
-alli rogers

when we are afraid of doing what the Lord tells us to do because we don't know how it will turn out, we need to (i need to) have faith that He can do much more than we imagine, and take comfort in knowing he will never leave us.
Sometimes I think I am afraid to believe the Lord...even when he gives me the blessing of clear instruction...because usually His plans are so much bigger than what I would choose. Yes, his plans are bigger...but so is His power.

Lord, I believe. Help me overcome my unbelief.
Mark 9:14-27

No comments: